Frisco TX Back Surgeon Treats Spine Conditions
A natural part of each person’s aging process includes degeneration of muscle, bone and other tissues, but in some cases back pain is caused by more than simply getting older. Degenerative changes to the fiberous discs between the vertebrae in the spine can also be caused by disease.
The back surgeon and spine specialists at The Neuro & Spine Wellness Center in Frisco, TX, have advanced technology and knowledge to successfully treat degenerative disc disease using a wide variety of therapies, back surgery or minimally-invasive spine surgery.
What is degenerative disc disease?
Degeneration means the wearing away or shrinking of discs, which act as shock absorbers between the bones of the spinal column. Healthy discs allow you to move, twist and bend smoothly.
Our Frisco back surgeon sees patients with many types of degenerative disc disease, but most commonly patients exhibit lower back pain or neck pain. This results when discs lose their fluid or their outer layer begins to tear and crack.
The problems that occur after experiencing these spine disorders may include:
- Osteoarthritis when cartilage breaks down in the spine
- A herniated disc if the tissue becomes torn or inflamed
- Spinal stenosis as the spinal canal narrows, putting pressure on the spine and its nerves
- Scoliosis when spinal deformity results from arthritis
- Degenerative spondylolisthesis a vertebrae slide out of alignment and press on surrounding nerves.
Not sure if you’re suffering from degenerative disc disease? Contact our experienced Frisco, TX, back surgeon online, or call for an appointment at 214-494-0455.